Thursday 26 September 2019

Piano Nightmares - Chase Direct Review




Olivia has started her music theory lessons and a piano is needed to help her on her way so she can practice what she learns on a piano. I spent ages looking for the perfect piano for her, one that she can grow into without having to upgrade later on costing money and time, unfortunately it did not go so smoothly.

Three weeks after I purchased the piano we are still piano less. The company we purchase the piano from Chase Direct never used Parcel Force which we expected them to use, as per the advertisement, instead they opted to use a cheaper and more unreliable delivery company.

This caused no end of problems, Parcel Force have the option to collect from a depot if you are not in and was one of the main reasons I went with Chase Direct, instead they chose to use TNT who do not even bother to leave a 'while you were out card' with details of how to re-arrange delivery.

After the deadline passed for delivery I contacted chase direct to find out where our piano was, they informed me that there had been 3 delivery attempts made. No delivery attempts were made, if there had been surely I should have had a card to let me know that, instead Chase Direct gave me the number for TNT and I had to re-arrange delivery myself, while doing that I checked the address that they were delivering to and it turns out it was the correct address delivery attempt were made at, it must have been the driver who couldn't be bothered to leave a card to let us know they had been.

Unfortunately again no item arrived on the re-arranged date, so I had to contact Chase Direct again by this point I had decided that a refund was in order and I would have to start the hunt for a piano all over again.

So we are now still piano less 3 weeks after we started the hunt and purchased the first one.

Very disappointed, Olivia has had to start without her piano and has to use an online virtual piano to practice what she has learnt.

I was pretty disappointed at Chase Direct's attitude, they were more concerned about a negative feedback than they were about the disappointment they had caused Olivia and myself, no care or concern was given just blame that we were not in.

I order absolutely tons of books and other items on ebay day in and day out and I never have any issues receiving items, probably because Royal Mail are pretty good and give people options of collection or re-delivery, hence why I chose to use Chase Direct because they advertised the fact that they would use Parcel Force, sadly they did not and that is their downfall, not using the postal service they claimed they would which was part of my decision to buy from them in the first place.

We are a very busy family and don't have the will to cancel events we have or time to sit around waiting for parcels to arrive.

We will keep hunting to find the piano that will suit her but it certainly will not be purchased from Chase Direct what a disappointing experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment