Tuesday 22 August 2017

Annoying habits!

One thing I notice during this time of the year is all the parents getting overly excited about getting the kids back in school and I often get asked 'how do you cope with the kids all day, every day?'.

Let me tell you, I feel the same way sometimes. I have those days when I think to myself that I could just pick up the phone and register them in a school, just for a break.

The twins are not without their bad habits that drive me crackers, 

Turning the TV over incessantly, bleep, bleep, bleep , bleep, bleep for every channel they surf over, it makes my blood boil, I can take it for a few seconds but after what feels like half an hour of bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep, my nerves just cave in!.

Olivia will sit and tap, tap, tap, tap her feet constantly, she loves her heels on her shoes and likes to make sure she can hear them, I get that, but when it comes to clonk, clonk, clonk up the stairs, stomp, stomp, stomp where ever she walks, she is soooo heavy footed, in January when I stayed with my sister for a while it drove her potty too, so I know it isn't just me, stomp, stomp, stomp, every time she goes up the stairs. I now realise why Ballet classes are important for little girls from the early age of 2, I shot myself in the foot there not providing ballet lessons.

Clothes on the bathroom floor, oh my word, every time I walk into the bathroom I am faced with a Mount Everest of clothes just strewn on the floor, this drives me potty, I can be nice and remove the pile as I walk back down the stairs but half an hour later I can walk back in and 'bingo',a new Mount Everest on the floor staring at me like it's jumping out saying 'hi, did you miss me'.. 

This goes equally with the 'are your clothes in the wash' irritant, I can ask and ask and ask the kids ten times a day, "are your dirty clothes in the dirty wash basket",  I may as well be talking in Swahili as they will always say "yes" yet miraculously on a Sunday when I just start to think 'great I can have a day off washing' and there is only one sock left in the washing basket, I ask those dreaded words, "are you really sure you have no dirty washing in your room"', then 'bam' half an hour later my kitchen is swimming in washing from all the washing they 'forgot' to bring down, and back to swimming in dirty washing I go!.

These are just a few of the things that drive me potty, every day occurrences, there are plenty more such as when you spend time lovingly folding their clothes like a manifestation of a piece of art from 'The Fabric Of Art' exhibition at the National Gallery, all to make it easy for them to carefully pop into their drawers and a day later popping your head round the door and all those clothes you folded lovingly are now strewn all over the floor looking like Tracey Emin has been let loose in there'..

Oliver with his 'Verbomania' as soon as a film comes on that I eagerly waited to watch all week, rambling on in his dulcet tone, explaining to me exactly what is happening like he is the new beta test of 'subtitles'.

These two have plenty of annoying habits and no I don't cope with them but I do accept them because quite frankly, I have no choice!.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5337839575&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2323012.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xwabi%2Bsabi.TRS0%26_nkw%3Dwabi%2Bsabi%26_sacat%3D0






No comments:

Post a Comment