I have found a great use for my diatomaceous earth I purchased in September (see previous post here)
- Fit a t-shirt over the child's hair, so that the collar seals around their scalp.
- Apply diatomaceous earth to their hair. (I minimize dust by carefully applying the diatomaceous earth inside the "t-shirt bag").
- Close the "bag" and massage in the diatomaceous earth into their hair and scalp.
- Leave the diatomaceous earth on overnight. (The lice turn white with diatomaceous earth and become more visible).
- Shampoo it out the next day. (Use tea-tree shampoo for maximum effect).
- Use vinegar to comb lice eggs out of the hair.
- Repeat this treatment once a week for 3 weeks to be safe. (This is to make sure all the remaining eggs hatch (takes ~ 1 week) and the new lice are killed.