Friday 1 April 2016

The mystery of the locked door continues and pondering...

The Sky looked positively gorgeous at 6.30 this morning.


It gave me a good start to the day and I even managed to get my door open to my living room. I ended up sitting on the floor and putting my back to the door and giving a good push, using my legs as a lever, it worked a treat, after a good few pushes.

How they managed to do that I will never know, my saving grace was the fact that there was room on the other side of the cabinet to give me that leverage I needed to get through the door. I am so relieved my 'locked out from my living room' saga is over, and I can now get back to getting some work done.... after my morning coffee of course...

Lots of ebaying was caught up with today and the kids had free reading as they have already finished The Secret Garden, I fixed the fence in the back yard as the dog keeps escaping and although she never goes far she poops on the next doors garden and I don't think they are best pleased, to be fair i make it sound like she is always running wild but she doesn't only once in the past week she has gotten out due to the fence panel being a bit broken after the last storms we had, and she has just discovered the hole in the chicken wire she can get through, so I tightened the chicken wire and made sure there was some secure wood to keep it in place until I get a new fence panel....

The chickens had a good clean out and  although I did not get round to putting the rubbish in the car for the tip which consists of old broken childrens ride on cars, an old tent, their play house which has seen better days and a few bits of old fencing, which I could burn and use the ash for the chicken instead of taking it to the tip.

Oliver had a lesson in death today, as the old lady across the road from me passed away and the funeral was today, the hearse sat outside our house for quite a while and the kids did not even notice it was there for about half an hour, until Oliver made a huge 'shriek' pretty much letting the whole street know that someone had died.

He shouted at the top of his lungs 'Quick mum, someone has died'. I replied yes I know Oliver..

It dawned on me how had not experienced much in the way of death and I waited for the questions to come, he surprised me and only asked "why did she die", I replied "because she was old"..

I waited for some more, and there was nothing, no more questions... The twins really did surprise me, I think they have taken that one away with them,  and I am sure something will come up on the next few days....

 It is quite odd really as a few days ago Olivia mentioned something about coffins and how coffins are made of wood, we had a quick chat about the headstones and how coffins are made to be biodegradable and the reasons why. This was actually a really quick conversation that she brought up and it was pretty strange how a few days later we see the hearse parked outside our door....

The twins finished their day at Badgers group and we popped to McDonald's afterwards for our Junk Food Friday, we bumped into my oldest son in there, the kids where on the tablets and me and big brother had a good catch up natter...... He really does need a hair cut!....




No comments:

Post a Comment