Wednesday 5 February 2014

What will you see when you look back?

I recently read a blog about looking back on the home ed years entitled 'what will you see when you look back?', It gave me a boost in keeping up and actually making blog posts for this blog. As you can see I've gone from one post a year then down to 6 months and now I try daily to do entries. I am quite sure I will start to lapse and end up going back to weeks or even months again before I post at some point, but for now I am feeling motivated to keep up on the entries.

It made me feel a bit sad that I didn't keep up on the entries last year, we had such a packed year and did some wonderful things but I suppose it's not the end of the world as we will have many more fun times in the years to come.

When my older children where growing up I took a lot of photos of the things we did together and we can look back with fond memories of Xmases and birthdays and day trips and holidays and other special occasions, and it brings back fond memories, but there is a lot that photos can't tell the story of, where as writing a blog or keeping a journal you can capture the emotions in the event, opinions, you can see development happening, it is a learning journey you are in the experience of life captured in the moment and there are always those moments when you don't have a camera at the ready for those occasions that seem mundane and run of the mill but are in fact fond memories you vaguely keep tucked somewhere in the back of your mind.

Hopefully I will be able to look back on this blog in ten years time with the kids and marvel at our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment